Noakhali Science and Technology University (abbreviated as NSTU) was established on 15 July 2001 enacting the Noakhali Science and Technology University Act 2001, as the 5th Science and Technology University in Bangladesh. The University is situated at Sonapur-8 kilometers southwest of Maijdee with a land area of 101 acres. Academic activities were commenced on 22 June 2006 with four departments: Department of Computer Science and Telecommunication Engineering (CSTE), Department of Fisheries & Marine Science (FIMS), Department of Pharmacy, Department of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering (ACCE).
Currently, there are 26 departments under five faculties and two institutes. Adequate number of professors, associate professors and assistant professors and lecturer are working as faculty members in different departments. NSTU offers scholarships to its meritorious students.
In every term, five students in each batch of every department are offered scholarships. The academic programmes and services are designed by the needs of the community and economy in a global context so that the graduates can meet the challenges of the changing world. The aim of Noakhali Science and Technology University is to mold merit into skilled work force and to develop centers of excellence to create and disseminate knowledge.
The vision of NSTU is to contribute to the nation by producing age-worthy, pragmatic and eligible graduates through continual innovation in education and research.
The mission of NSTU is to produce self-motivated, aspiring leaders to work for the betterment of the mankind. It wants to create multidisciplinary knowledge and develop interpersonal skills at the highest level of excellence among the students that will enlighten them with honesty, sincerity and dedication in their thoughts and deeds.
Objectives of NSTU
The major objectives of Noakhali Science and Technology University are to –
- Provide international standard education to student by focusing on academic programs, policies and planning.
- Up-hold the national history, heritage, culture, social and ethical values among students, academics and non-academic staff.
- Provide high quality and comprehensive educational training opportunities compatible with changing needs of the students.
- Promote awareness and realization of the importance of higher education and research in achieving the social and economic development at affordable cost.
- Provide various exciting and rewarding career opportunities, which are greatly needed for our rapidly developing country.
- Foster a congenial and stimulating learning environment where students are
motivated to become self-confident, committed and adaptable graduates.
- Collaborate with other reputed national and international universities, academic departments, colleges and relevant organizations in achieving academic excellence.
- Enrich sustainable faculties by arranging training, workshop, seminar and symposium in relation to distinctive curriculum at home and abroad.
NSTU at a Glance
|Established||:||15 July 2001|
|Noakhali Science and Technology University Act passed in Jatiya Sangsad (Parliament)||:||15 July 2001
|Academic activities started||:||22 June 2006|
|Number of faculties||:||05|
|Number of Institutes||:||02|
|Number of Department||:||26|
|Awarded degrees||:||Bachelor (Honor’s), Masters|
|Number of students||:||5043|
|Number of foreign students||:||12|
|Number of teachers||:||223|
|Number of officers||:||219|
|Number of other staffs||:||222|
|Library contents||:||10,000 books and 1,500 journals|
|Number of residential halls||:||05 (for males-02, for females-03)|
|Number of Academic building||:||2|
|Number of Administration building||:||1|
|Number of Auditorium||:||1|
|Student Organization||:||NSTUMUNA, NSTU Debating Society, NSTU English Club, NSTU Business Club, NSTU Blood Donors Society, DreamBazz Filmz, Moshal, Protiddhoni, NSTU Photographic Society|