Dr. Mohammad Safiqul Islam
Professor and Chairman
Dr. Mohammad Safiqul Islam, Department of Pharmacy, Noakhali Science and Technology University, Sonapur, Noakhali-3814, Bangladesh
1. Pharmacogentic study of different diseases like lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, tuberculosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and determination of personalized treatment for specific patients.
2. Pharmacogenetics of cytochrome P-450 involved in drug metabolism and generation of bioactive lipids
3. Correlation between pharmacogenetics and pharmacokinetics in different patient groups treated by any particular drug.
4. Control of adipogenesis through the synthesis of eicosanoids in mammalian cells (3T3L1 cells) through arachidonate and cyclooxygenase pathways.
5. Development of monoclonal antibody therapeutics and DNA-Drug interaction
6. Bioequivalence, Bioavailability and Pharmacokinetic study of new drugs.
|Awards / Achivements||
1. JSPS postdoctoral Fellowship, Japan
2. UGC Bangladesh PhD Fellowship
3. B.Pharm and M.Pharm Scholarship, University of Dhaka